Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Feelings (EN)

Blog entry from AEGEE- Riga, 14.12.2011

Yesterdays visit to bakery associates to me with words- motivation and hard work. Motivation of the people who works there, tries as best as they can and they are happy that someone are trusting them and giving opportunity to show that they can do and are doing very well (Cookies we tasted there were so delicious!)

Also I get a lot of inspiration from people who decided that there should be such kind of Bakery and they never gave up the dream to make one and even add some more aspects were people with Down syndrome could feel the same as any another people working to make coffee brakes in seminars or conferences.
After this I got the feeling, that coffee break thing definitely will not be the last successful project they are up to (Maybe even their own Coffee Shop to come?!) But this great example showed me how far from having something like that we- Latvia are. But now I also see some kind of solutions which could be made to work things out. (Aija Auzina)

It is awesome to feel that you can give so many emotions to people by just dancing with them. It is so nice to see that they try to feel the music, to sing along and catch all moves and they did very well. I was very surprised by the performances they had prepared. They tried to dance as professionals would do and they succeeded. I enjoyed the atmosphere that was in the air a lot- maybe not love, but the energy and openness. (Elmars Leja )

I wanted to say a big THANK YOU (for the organizers, who came up with the idea to organize this project with such a topic) for giving an opportunity to get an experience I had never had before. I have thought a lot about the people with Down syndrome but I had never communicated with them, but now I know for sure, that they are the same as we are, even more motivated then we.

Thank you guys.
Catherine Lapteva

No comments:

Post a Comment